UserZoom is sponsoring UXPA 2018, plus 10 more reasons why you should attend
UserZoom is very proud to present the most influential user experience event in the world – the UXPA International Conference, which this year takes place on June 26 – 28, 2018 in Rion Mar, Puerto Rico. Tickets available here!
Why should you attend?
There’s a lot to shout about here, so let’s break it down into super user-friendly bullet points.
- The UXPA International Conference is for every working professional and student that touches UX in some way, whether it’s via design, development, product management or research.
- It’s four full days of industry leading speakers, networking, fun and sunshine.
- UXPA 2018 is a truly international conference, which means you have the opportunity to meet UX practitioners from around the world.
- The speaker programme is extensive and wide-ranging, covering a vast range of UX topics. Highlights include:
- ‘Are you a superhero or a supervillain? Using design psychology for even more good (and even more evil)’ – a panel discussion on trends in design psychology theory.
- ‘Welcome to management: Learning how to lead your first UX research team’ by Rebecca Destello from Facebook and Robert Racadio from Premera Blue Cross.
- A panel on whether UXers should get a PHD, featuring our own guest writer Becca Kennedy.
- ‘Designing for Human Behavior and Cognitive Bias’ by Capital One’s Lead Product Designer, Jasper Liu.
- The opening keynote will be delivered by Carine Lallemand, research scientist in UX design at the University of Luxembourg and author of a best-selling handbook on UX design methods
- Plus there’s a closing keynote from Jorge Arango, president and director of the Information Architecture Institute and thematic director of the first World IA Day.
- There’s a full day of fascinating pre-conference courses to get stuck into on June 25, with topics ranging from Design Thinking to UX competitive analysis to persona journey mapping.
- It takes place in the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, which looks ridiculously lovely. As UXPA states, “This is the only resort on the northeast coast of Puerto Rico, with over 1 mile stretch of golden beach access and 500 acres of on-site recreational fun, including Rio Mar Casino, 2 golf courses, miles of trails, and 5 eclectic restaurants and lounges.”
- You’ll be doing your part for Puerto Rico, which was hit by Hurricane Maria in September 2017. As Sara Mastro, Director of Events, 2018 Conference Co-Chair, states in this recent UXPA article, “The ride from the airport gives a glance into what Puerto Rico has gone through since being hit with Maria, and the recovery process is still in swing. However, the drive is an easy one, and well worth it. Tourism is welcome, and frankly needed, to help with the healing process. We are so excited to be able to be part of that!”
- Did we mention that we’ll be there?
We’re proud sponsors of UXPA 2018 International Conference and will have a booth, so please stop on by and say hello! Have a burning question? You can even contact us to schedule an appointment with one of our friendly and super-knowledgeable UserZoomers who will be attending. See you there!
Christopher Ratcliff — Content Marketing Manager
Christopher is the Content Marketing Manager for EMEA, which basically means the skipper of the good ship ‘UserZoom blog’. So far his requests for changing its name to the ‘USS-erzoom Blog’ have been rightfully denied. In his spare time, Christopher is a filmmaker and the editor of wayward pop culture site Methods Unsound. He used to be the deputy editor of Econsultancy, editor of Search Engine Watch, staff writer for ClickZ and features editor of CMO.com.
Thank you for signing up!
You should receive an email from us shortly