Bio-Tech Company Redesigns Their Website For Global Markets – UX Case Study
Customer Experience Management (CEM) has become a critical differentiator in today’s global marketplace.
To obtain insight on the overall body of knowledge in Customer Experience (CX) one needs to combine VoC (Voice of Customer) studies, which involves what customers are saying and what their perspective is, with User Experience (UX) testing, which involves how customers engage with products and what their behaviors are.
Successful CEM can provide companies with the powerful data needed to improve customer loyalty, strengthen brand preferences, boost revenue and even lower costs. So, what better place to create a great experience than through a website?
This case study examines how Bio-Tech company utilized UserZoom’s solution to launch their re-designed website with a focus on improving customer experience in global markets.
In today’s hyper-connected marketplace creating good customer experience is no easy task. For this particular company, currently operating on a global level in 6 different markets, the collection of usability data from customers in different regions was really important because the site redesign was aimed towards helping all customers gain a better experience.
Since this company operates on a global level, obtaining a large sample size in a limited amount of time can prove to be quite challenging. The project was not just an enhancement on one page within the website, but was instead an overall restructuring that included the information architecture, the content and the visual design of the site.
Another major challenge that this organization faced was reorganizing their product portfolio in a manner that fit mental model of the major markets. This was primarily due to the fact that there are various use cases, in which different people use organization’s products in different ways.
To address challenges in gathering usability data from a large sample size, the Bio-Tech company utilized UserZoom’s Unmoderated Remote Usability Testing solution. This solution allowed their company to get the data they needed from global markets and save time by being able to efficiently:
- Run multiple studies concurrently across regions
- Record user’s task-based session for replay
- Utilize logic that allowed for piping customers through 6 different markets; each market received a different set of randomized items following the initial questionnaire
- Create a study that popped-up and was a temporary ad-on, rather than coded into the site
- Take advantage of other solutions such as tree testing, card sorting, heatmaps & clickstream data
- Communicate with quick-to-answer support team
This Bio-Tech company set out with a vision of improving customer experience in global markets by launching a re-designed website in a short amount of time. With UserZoom’s Unmoderated Remote Usability Testing solution, the company was able to successfully accomplish their goals and unveil an entirely new website that represented:
- A cohesive style across all pages
- A reorganized product portfolio in a manner that fit mental model of the major markets
- An improved navigation through information architecture & suggested content choices
- A brand new visual design of the homepage
For more examples of how UserZoom can benefit your business and customers, check out the rest of our UX case studies.