New in UserZoom: Our Fall 19.4 release features
After our Summer 19.3 release, where we launched our all new Results experience, we’ve put our nose to the grindstone once more to deliver further enhancements to several areas of the platform.
From building a study, to sourcing high-quality participants and analyzing results efficiently, there are improvements everywhere you look. Here’s a quick summary of these changes, with more details below.
- A simpler way to build questionnaires: Now you can build questionnaires across all study types in UserZoom with greater ease. A simpler, decluttered UI makes it more intuitive to take actions such as adding, deleting or randomizing questions, while you can now quickly see if there are any logic or conditions applied to a question or group of questions.
- High-quality, verified participants from UserZoom Sourcing: You can be more confident than ever in the quality and validity of your insights when you source from UserZoom, as we’ve implemented industry leading anti-fraud technology to maintain a high level of participant and data integrity.
- A modern Clicks & Paths for easier analysis: It’s easier than ever to analyze Clickstreams in UserZoom, as we’ve both visually restyled and removed the dependency on Flash for Clicks & Paths. You’ll now benefit from a smoother, more modern experience when analyzing a clickstream and launching a heatmap from that clickstream.
- Improved quality of video and audio: You’ll notice clearer video and audio when reviewing user videos, making analysis simpler and the sharing of video results more impactful.
- Standardized Open Card Sort Results: Following on a little after the other updates, this enhancement will allow you to group similarly named categories in a UserZoom open card sort without needing to export your data for analysis, helping you to reach your UX insights faster.
New UI for Questionnaires
Whether you’re building dedicated surveys, or asking questions before or after users complete another type of task, the newly restyled UserZoom questionnaire will make it quicker and easier to build studies.
The new questionnaire UI includes new iconography for key actions, which helps declutter and simplify the building experience. There are also new, clear labels that show whether randomization, conditions or logic have been applied to a page or question, so you can easily keep track of how your questionnaire will behave. New labels also help show you whether a question is a video question, or whether a question contains a multimedia file.
High-quality, verified participants
High quality UX insights depend on receiving feedback from high quality, relevant participants. By implementing industry leading anti-fraud technology, UserZoom is now better placed than ever to determine that everyone within the IntelliZoom panel are who they claim to be, and that all participants entering a UserZoom study are verified.
By implementing these measures we’ll be able to maintain a high level of data integrity, detect and remove suspicious participants from your studies, and reduce the risk of duplicate respondents within a study.
Enhanced Clicks & Paths
Clickstreams are now more visually compelling and usable than ever before, thanks to a visual restyle and a change in the back-end technology, including the removal of Flash dependency.
Clickstreams provide you with a bird’s-eye view of the paths followed by participants during your study, and as they show the final status of these users (complete, error, abandon or timeout), give you a clear indication of where groups of users are failing within a task. From the clickstream you’re even able to launch a heatmap of any given page in a journey, so you can see in aggregate how users interacted with it – helping you to generate even more insights from your study.
Improved video and audio quality
When analyzing your results from a desktop study, you’ll notice a significant improvement to the resolution and quality of all video and audio. By completely reengineering our desktop browser extension, you’ll be able to see what participants did, and hear what they think with greater clarity than ever before. This will make it easier to analyze user videos, while also making any clips and highlights more impactful with the stakeholders you share them with.
Standardizing Open Card Sort Results
When you review an open card sort, you’ll often see that users label categories with similar, but not necessarily the same labels. It often makes sense to merge these categories together during your analysis, as these users clearly had a similar idea or intent. Launching in December, this update will allow you to merge categories in UserZoom Results – so there’s no need to export your results to Excel to get the insights you need, saving you both time and effort.
Together these enhancements will allow you to build, source and analyze UX studies with greater ease, satisfaction and confidence. We hope you’ll find them beneficial, and look forward to your feedback as we continue to iterate and enhance the UserZoom experience!
If you’d like to know more about how UserZoom can help test, measure and improve your own site’s UX, please get in touch!